From cross-platform API’s to specific hardware
Gluon Embedded contains a native library that bridges the gap between the JavaFX rendering pipeline and the low-level graphics functionality in the Linux kernel, including GPU support. As a consequence, everything that is rendered by the JavaFX rendering pipeline, is shown onto the display(s) connected to the embedded device. This has the huge advantage of combining cross-platform code in the JavaFX application with very specific device functionality.
- JavaFX applications do not need to be modified to leverage Gluon Embedded
- No window manager needed. Runs without X11 or similar
- Works out of the box on most embedded linux systems (32/64 bit ARM systems)
- Lightweight, very minimal dependencies
- Leverages hardware capabilities (rendering, cursor, planes)
- Convention over configuration
Free for development and Open Source
Device & Platform Agnostic Native Hardware Services
Gluon Embedded is packaged as a native library for ARM32 and AArch64 systems. Find out how to use it in our documentation.
It is free to use during development, and for open source projects. For commercial projects in production, contact sales for a quote.